Brown Defeats Blue Raiders, 4-1March 15, 2003 · MT Media Relations
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - No. 40 Brown won the doubles point and three of four completed singles match to defeat 60th-ranked Middle Tennessee, 4-1, at the Blue-Gray National Tennis Classic in Montgomery, Ala.
Brown won doubles matches at Nos. 2-3, as 52nd-ranked Adil Shamasdin and Nicholas Goldberg defeated Kirk Jackson and Anant Sitaram, 9-8 (2), and Kris Goddard and Zachary Pasanen took care of Trevor Short and Michael Staniak, 8-3. The No. 1 doubles match pitting Daniel Klemetz and Brandon Allan against the 20th-ranked Brown duo of Jamie Cerretani and Chris Drake did not finish.
Twelth-ranked Klemetz picked up the only point for the Blue Raiders with a 6-2, 6-3 win over No. 100 Cerretani at No. 1, but Brown would win the next three singles matches.
Drake defeated Jackson, 6-2, 6-3, at No. 2, and Sitaram lost 1-6, 2-6, at No. 4 to Goldberg. Staniak dropped his second three-setter of the day, dropping a 7-6 (5), 1-6, 4-6 decision to Shamasdin at No. 3.
Middle Tennessee returns home March 21 to face Georgia State at 2 p.m. at the Buck Bouldin Tennis Center.
#40 BROWN 4, #60 MIDDLE TENNESSEE 1
1. (12) Daniel Klemetz (MT) def. (100) Jamie Cerretani (BU), 6-2, 6-3
2. Chris Drake (BU) def. Kirk Jackson (MT), 6-2, 6-3
3. Adil Shamasdin (BU) def. Michael Staniak (MT), 6-7 (5), 6-1, 6-4
4. Nicholas Goldberg (BU) def. Anant Sitaram (MT), 6-1, 6-2
5. Rishan Kuruppu (MT) vs. Zachary Pasanen (BU), DNF
6. Brandon Allan (MT) vs. Ben Brier (BU), DNF
1. Klemetz-Allan (MT) vs. (20) Cerretani-Drake (BU), DNF
2. (52) Shamasdin-Goldberg (BU) def. Jackson-Sitaram (MT), 9-8 (2)
3. Kris Goddard-Pasanen (BU) def. Trevor Short-Staniak (MT), 8-3
Follow the Blue Raiders on Twitter @MTAthletics for continued updates.
More Men's Tennis NewsMar 9, 2014: Raiders drop Murray State, fall to Memphis
Mar 9, 2014: Raiders host Memphis & Murray State
Mar 7, 2014: MT Men's Tennis downs Jackson State, 7-0
Mar 2, 2014: MT Men's Tennis downed by No. 20 Columbia
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis falls to Cornell, 4-3
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis travels to New York for two matches