Richard, Rocafort Win in Singles and Doubles
Blue Raiders face Tennessee in singles, East Tennessee in doubles SaturdayOctober 13, 2006 · Jo Jo Freeman
Middle Tennessee split the singles matches with East Tennessee and won two doubles outings versus Tennessee at the Varsity Tennis Center on the University of Tennessee campus.
Rocafort won his singles outing in straight sets while Richard worked a little harder in singles before prevailing in three sets. The duo combined for an 8-4 doubles win at No. 2.
The Blue Raiders split six matches with East Tennessee in singles Friday morning and dropped one other in three sets.
Middle Tennessee's 88th-ranked Marco Born defeated Lisandro Picardo, 6-3, 6-3, at No. 2, while Rocafort won 6-1, 6-4, over Enrique Olivares at No. 3 and Richard took care of Predrag Burmazovic, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3, at No. 4.
At No. 1 East Tennessee's Felix Insaurraulde defeated 32nd-ranked Andreas Siljestrom, 6-2, 2-6, 6-4. ETSU's Sebastian Serrano won 6-2, 7-5, over Joao Paoliello at No. 5 and Buccaneer Daniel Isaza was a 7-5, 6-2, winner over Marc Boiron at No. 6.
In the afternoon Middle Tennessee played Tennessee in doubles, winning two-of-three despite getting blitzed at the top spot in the lineup.
Rocafort-Richard defeated UT's Davey Sandgren and Johnny Thornton, 8-4, at No. 2, while Boiron-Paoliello continued their winning ways with an 8-3 triumph against Derek Stephens and Christopher Racz.
At No. 1 UT's Bobby Cameron and Adam Hubble easily defeated third-ranked Born-Siljestrom, 8-2.
Middle Tennessee faces Tennessee's singles lineup at 9:30 a.m. ET Saturday and will take on East Tennessee in doubles Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
Results from the event may be found at http://utsports.cstv.com/sports/m-tennis/archive/100906aaa.html.
MIDDLE TENNESSEE 3, EAST TENNESSEE 3
1. Felix Insaurraulde (ETSU) def. (32) Andreas Siljestrom (MT), 6-4, 2-6, 6-4
2. (88) Marco Born (MT) def. Lisandro Picardo (ETSU), 6-3, 6-3
3. Marc Rocafort (MT) def. Enrique Olivares (ETSU), 6-1, 6-4
4. Morgan Richard (MT) def. Predrag Burmazovic (ETSU), 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
5. Sebastian Serrano (ETSU) def. Joao Pailiello (MT), 6-2, 7-5
6. Daniel Isaza (ETSU) def. Marc Boiron (MT), 7-5, 6-2
MIDDLE TENNESSEE 2, TENNESSEE 1 Doubles
1. Bobby Cameron-Adam Hubble (UT) def. (3) Born-Siljestrom (MT), 8-2
2. Boiron-Pailiello (MT) def. Davey Sandgren-Johnny Thornton (UT), 8-4
3. Richard-Rocafort (MT) def. Derek Stephens-Christopher Racz (UT), 8-3
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Tennis NewsJul 11, 2014: MT Men's Tennis recognized by ITA for academics
Jul 8, 2014: Raiders add three to Men's Tennis squad
Jun 12, 2014: Men's Tennis' recruiting class ranked 24th among mid-majors
Jun 6, 2014: MT's Zito tabbed 95th in final ITA rankings
Jun 2, 2014: Borendame partners with Buddy Up Tennis
May 5, 2014: Borendame & SAAC host dodgeball tournament