Blue Raiders Sweep Memphis, 5-0
Win all four singles matches in straight setsApril 14, 2007 · MT Media Relations
Middle Tennessee (12-11) won the third straight time overall this season and the fourth consecutive match over the Tigers.
In doubles the Blue Raiders finished strong at the top two positions to take the first point of the match.
Marco Born and Andreas Siljestrom, ranked fourth nationally in doubles, won six of the final seven games of the match, defeating Benedift Fischer and Cody Loup, 8-3, at No. 1. But the Tigers evened the doubles with a victory at No. 3, as Garrison Pilant and Spencer Heflin won the final five games for an 8-5 triumph over Joao Paoliello and Marc Boiron.
In singles the Blue Raiders won at the top four positions, all in straight sets.
Richard defeated Ramsay, 6-1, 6-4, at No. 4, before Rocafort won 7-6, 6-0, at No. 3 over Khougassian. Born, ranked 118th nationally in singles, posted a 6-2, 6-4, victory against Fischer at No. 2, and Siljestrom, ranked 87th in the country, defeated Amrit Narasimhan, 6-3, 7-5, at No. 1.
Middle Tennessee hosts Belmont Saturday night at 6 p.m. at the Racquet Club in the team's final home match of the year.
#44 Middle Tennessee 5, Memphis 0
1. (87) Andreas Siljestrom (MT) def. Amrit Narasimhan (MEM), 6-3, 7-5
2. (118) Marco Born (MT) def. Benedikt Fischer (MEM), 6-2, 6-4
3. Marc Rocafort (MT) def. Jimmy Khougassian (MEM), 7-6, 6-0
4. Morgan Richard (MT) def. Charlie Ramsay (MEM), 6-1, 6-4
5. Joao Paoliello (MT) vs. Cody Loup (MEM), DNP
6. Marc Boiron (MT) vs. Spencer Heflin (MEM), DNP
Alex McCann (MT) vs. Garrison Pilant (MEM), DNP
Order of Finish: 4,3,2,1*
1. (4) Born-Siljestrom (MT) def. Fischer-Loup (MEM), 8-3
2. Rocafort-Richard (MT) def. Ramsay-Khougassian (MEM), 8-5
3. Pilant-Heflin (MEM) def. Paoliello-Boiron (MT), 8-5
Order of Finish: 1,3,2*
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Tennis NewsMar 9, 2014: Raiders drop Murray State, fall to Memphis
Mar 9, 2014: Raiders host Memphis & Murray State
Mar 7, 2014: MT Men's Tennis downs Jackson State, 7-0
Mar 2, 2014: MT Men's Tennis downed by No. 20 Columbia
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis falls to Cornell, 4-3
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis travels to New York for two matches