Blue Raiders Defeat ISU, 7-0March 8, 2004 · MT Media Relations
The Blue Raiders evened their season mark at 5-5 and next play at the National Blue-Gray Tennis Classic in Montgomery, Ala., this weekend.
Middle Tennessee won two doubles matches and got a default at No. 3, as the visiting Sycamores had only five players for the match.
Middle Tennessee's Brandon Allan and Kai Schledorn defeated Ivan D'Argence Arceo and Aaron Phillips, 8-5, at No. 1. Trevor Short and Kirk Jackson won 8-2 over ISU's Boyd Michau and Dewald Linde at No. 2.
In singles the Blue Raiders won three matches in straight sets and two more in supertiebreakers before receiving a default at No. 6.
Blue Raider Andreas Siljestrom defeated D'Argence Arceo, 6-1, 6-4, at No. 1, while Schledorn won 6-4, 4-6, 11-9, at No. 2 over R.J. Nagel. Short took care of Michau at No. 3, 6-3, 7-6 (2), and Jackson defeated Phillips, 4-6, 7-5, 10-8, at No. 4. Anant Sitaram won 6-2, 6-4, at No. 5 over Linde.
The Blue Raiders open play in Montgomery on Friday against an undetermined opponent.
#60 MIDDLE TENNESSEE 7, INDIANA STATE 0
1. Andreas Siljestrom (MT) def. Ivan A'Argence Arceo (ISU), 6-1, 6-4
2. Kai Schledorn (MT) def. R.J. Nagel (ISU), 6-4, 4-6, 11-9
3. Trevor Short (MT) def. Boyd Michau (ISU), 6-3, 7-6 (2)
4. Kirk Jackson (MT) def. Aaron Phillips (ISU), 4-6, 7-5, 10-8
5. Anant Sitaram (MT) def. Dewald Line (ISU), 6-2, 6-4
1. Brandon Allan-Schledorn (MT) def. D'Argence Arceo-Phillips (ISU), 8-5
2. Short-Jackson (MT) def. Michau-Linde (ISU), 8-2
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Tennis NewsDec 3, 2013: Blue Raiders add Hoang for spring 2014 season
Nov 3, 2013: Blue Raiders wrap up play at Louisville Invitational
Nov 2, 2013: Raiders continue play at Louisville Invitational
Nov 1, 2013: Blue Raiders take part in first day of Louisville Invitational
Oct 28, 2013: Ground broken on new indoor tennis facility
Oct 25, 2013: Tennis teams to host free clinic Saturday for Murfreesboro kids