Tigers Top Blue Raiders 6-1
MT wins doubles point in loss to MemphisApril 11, 2008 · MT Media Relations
The Blue Raiders won the doubles point to take a 1-0 lead in the match. Junior Morgan Richard and sophomore Marc Rocafort defeated Amrit Narasimhan and Charlie Ramsay 9-7. Then freshman Kyle Wishing and sophomore Joao Paoliello won their match 8-2 over Jimmy Khougassian and Leon Nasemann to clinch the point.
In singles action, Narasimhan defeated Rocafort 6-4, 4-6, 7-5 while Richard fell to Nasemann 6-4, 6-2. Paoliello lost his match 2-6, 7-6, 6-3 to Gaerthoeffner.
Sophomore Alex McCann fell to Ramsay in another three set match 6-2, 6-7, 6-1. Wishing rounded out play as he lost 6-4, 6-0 to Benedikt Fischer.
Middle Tennessee will have the rest of the week off before traveling to Monroe, La., to compete in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament beginning on April 18.
1. Amrit Narasimhan (MEMPHIS) def. #103 Marc Rocafort (MT) 6-4, 4-6, 7-5
2. Leon Nasemann (MEMPHIS) def. Morgan Richard (MT) 6-4, 6-2
3. M. Gaerthoeffner (MEMPHIS) def. Joao Paoliello (MT) 2-6, 7-6, 6-3
4. Charlie Ramsay (MEMPHIS) def. Alex McCann (MT) 6-2, 6-7, 6-1
5. Benedikt Fischer (MEMPHIS) def. Kyle Wishing (MT) 6-4, 6-0
6. Spencer Heflin (MEMPHIS) def. No Player (MT), by default
1. Marc Rocafort/Morgan Richard (MT) def. Amrit Narasimhan/Charlie Ramsay (MEMPHIS) 9-7
2. Kyle Wishing/Joao Paoliello (MT) def. Jimmy Khougassian/Leon Nasemann (MEMPHIS) 8-2
3. Spencer Heflin/Jordan Smith (MEMPHIS) def. Chris Nowak/No Player (MT), by default
Middle Tennessee 8-14; National ranking #68
University of Memphis 8-12
Follow the Blue Raiders on Twitter @MTAthletics for continued updates.
More Men's Tennis NewsApr 20, 2013: Blue Raiders drop heartbreaker in SBC Championships
Apr 19, 2013: No. 1 seed Blue Raiders clinch berth in championship
Apr 18, 2013: No. 1 seed Blue Raiders face No. 4 seed Louisiana in SBC semifinal bout
Apr 17, 2013: Five Blue Raiders earn All-Sun Belt awards
Apr 16, 2013: Men's Tennis looks for three-peat at Sun Belt Championships
Apr 15, 2013: Zito named Athlete of the Week