Blackout shirts to be available Monday
Ticket/t-shirt combo to be available throughout MurfreesboroJuly 13, 2008 · MT Media Relations
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - The Middle Tennessee Athletic Department announced today that the official Blackout T-Shirt for the Sept. 30 football game against defending Sun Belt champion Florida Atlantic will be available to the public beginning Monday.
For $15, you will receive a voucher to the game and the official Blackout t-shirt for FREE. The voucher is attached to the t-shirt and may be redeemed at the ticket office located at Gate 1A of Floyd Stadium anytime prior to the game.
The ticket/t-shirt combination can be purchased at the following locations:
* All First Tennessee Bank branches in Rutherford County * Beaman Dodge ( 1705 S. Church St.)
* Toots (860 NW Broad St.,Murfreesboro and 301 Sam Ridley Pkwy West, Smyrna)
* Reeves-Sain (1801 Memorial)
* Coach's Grill (127 SE Broad St.)
* Nuttin' But Wings (1916 E. Main St.)
* Implant and General Dentistry of Middle Tennessee Dr. Walter Chitwood (1110 W. Clark Blvd.)
* Alumni Hall (located in the Avenue Mall)
* State Farm Operations Center
* Kirkenburt's Smokehouse Grill (517 Cason Lane)
* Premier Wheel Workz (516 S. Church St.)
* BRAA offices (located on the MT campus in the Murphy Center)
* Blue Raider Marketing (located in the Kennon Sports Hall of Fame on campus)
* Middle Tennessee ticket office (Gate 1A Floyd Stadium)
"This is a great opportunity to create a buzz in the community and build up to the Sept. 30 Blackout game," said Brad Smith, marketing director. "It would be an intimidating sight to see the entire stadium packed in black and a great visual before a nationally televised audience on ESPN2 that night.
"Also, we would like to thank all the participating locations in helping us with the promotion. This speaks volumes for their dedication to Middle Tennessee athletics and the community."
The Blue Raiders are still looking for additional locations to display and sell the Blackout ticket/t-shirt combo. If you would like to participate, give the Blue Raider Marketing office a call at 898-5322.
Follow the Blue Raiders on Twitter @MTAthletics for continued updates.
More Football NewsJul 28, 2014: MT, Duke to play home-and-home in football
Jul 23, 2014: Blue Raiders participate in C-USA Media Day
Jul 17, 2014: Raiders to have 11 games televised in 2014
Jul 16, 2014: Byard, Barber tabbed first team All-C-USA
Jul 14, 2014: Barber named to Lombardi Watch List
Jul 11, 2014: MT's Byard named to Jim Thorpe Award watch list