Men's Tennis Wins Again, 7-0January 29, 2005 · MT Media Relations
The Blue Raiders won 7-0 over Chattanooga earlier in the day and begin the dual match season 2-0.
In doubles the 58th-ranked duo of Andreas Siljestrom and Marco Born defeated Belmont's Alex Gillott and Ignacio Gesto, 8-1, at No. 1, while 29th-ranked Brandon Allan and Kai Schledorn won 8-3 at No. 2 over Javier Rodriguez and Fausto Rocha. At No. 3 Greg Pollack and Anant Sitaram defeated Felipe Lima and Felipe Abreu, 8-3.
Born started the singles action with a 6-1, 6-0, win over Gillott, at No. 1, and Siljestrom, ranked 68th in singles, defeated Lima at No. 2 by the same score. Schledorn then won 6-4, 6-3, at No. 4 over Rodriguez, and Sitaram defeated Rocha, 6-4, 7-5, at No. 3. Allan then won 6-2, 6-4, against Abreu at No. 5, and Pollack defeated Gesto, 6-0, 6-0, at No. 6.
"This was a good way to start. I was pleased with our effort and a couple of guys really had to bring their 'A' game to win," Middle Tennessee head coach Dale Short said. "We didn't have a letdown after the win this morning and we really looked like a seasoned team."
Middle Tennessee hits the road next weekend, starting Thursday at Louisville. The Blue Raiders then take on Indiana on Friday and Indiana State on Saturday.
#54 Middle Tennessee 7, Belmont 0
1. Marco Born (MT) def. Alex Gillott (BU), 6-1, 6-0
2. (68) Andreas Siljestrom (MT) def. Felipe Lima (BU), 6-1, 6-0
3. Anant Sitaram (MT) def. Fausto Rocha (BU), 6-4, 7-5
4. Kai Schledorn (MT) def. Javier Rodriguez (BU), 6-4, 6-3
5. Brandon Allan (MT) def. Felipe Abreu (BU), 6-2, 6-4
6. Greg Pollack (MT) def. Ignacio Gesto (BU), 6-0, 6-0
1. (58) Siljestrom-Born (MT) def. Gillott-Gesto (BU), 8-1
2. (29) Allan-Schledorn (MT) def. Rodriguez-Rocha (BU), 8-3
3. Pollack-Sitaram (MT) def. Lima-Abreu (BU), 8-3
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Tennis NewsApr 21, 2014: Men's Tennis alumni reunite in Murfreesboro
Apr 18, 2014: Raiders fall 4-1 to Rice in C-USA quarterfinals
Apr 17, 2014: Raiders clash with Rice to open C-USA Championship
Apr 14, 2014: MT earns first-round bye in C-USA Championship
Apr 13, 2014: MT downs No. 60 UCF, 4-3
Apr 11, 2014: MT defeated by No. 25 USF, 6-1