Men's Tennis Defeats Indiana State, 5-2February 4, 2005 · MT Media Relations
The Blue Raiders won all three doubles matches to take an early lead in the dual match.
The 58th-ranked duo of Andreas Siljestrom and Marco Born defeated Simon Thornewill and Aaron Phillips, 8-6, at No. 1, while Brandon Allan and Kai Schledorn, ranked 28th, also won 8-6, over Anton Tsymbalov and Rishi Behl at No. 2. Anant Sitaram and Greg Pollack took care of Christoper Eldon and Will Moseley at No. 3, 8-4.
In singles Middle Tennessee won three matches very quickly to seal the match, but got a little sloppy in finishing the match.
Siljestrom, ranked 68th in singles, defeated Behl at No. 2, 6-4, 6-3, while Schledorn won 6-0, 6-2, at No. 4 over Phillips, and Pollack took care of Doh, 6-2, 6-4, at No. 6. Sitaram defeated Thornewill at No. 3, 7-5, 6-4.
Born dropped a 6-0, 3-6, 2-6, decision to Tsymbalov at No. 1, while Allan lost 6-7 (4), 4-6, to Eldon at No. 5.
The Blue Raiders finish their three-match road swing Saturday with a 5 p.m. match at 68th-ranked Indiana. The Hoosiers have won two straight in the series against Middle Tennessee, including a 4-3 triumph in Murfreesboro last season.
#57 Middle Tennessee 5, Indiana State 2
1. Anton Tsymbalov (ISU) def. Marco Born (MT), 0-6, 6-3, 6-2
2. (68) Andreas Siljestrom (MT) def. Rishi Behl (ISU), 6-4, 6-3
3. Anant Sitaram (MT) def. Simon Thornewill (ISU), 7-5, 6-4
4. Kai Schledorn (MT) def. Aaron Phillips (ISU), 6-0, 6-2
5. Christoper Eldon (ISU) def. Brandon Allan (MT), 7-6 (4), 6-4
6. Greg Pollack (MT) def. Kevin Doh (ISU), 6-2, 6-4
1. (58) Siljestrom-Born (MT) def. Thornewill-Phillips (ISU), 8-6
2. (28) Allan-Schledorn (MT) def. Tsymbalov-Behl (ISU), 8-6
3. Sitaram-Pollack (MT) def. Eldon-Moseley (ISU), 8-4
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Tennis NewsMar 9, 2014: Raiders drop Murray State, fall to Memphis
Mar 9, 2014: Raiders host Memphis & Murray State
Mar 7, 2014: MT Men's Tennis downs Jackson State, 7-0
Mar 2, 2014: MT Men's Tennis downed by No. 20 Columbia
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis falls to Cornell, 4-3
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis travels to New York for two matches