Tennis defeats Montana 4-3
Close doubles matches help lift Blue Raiders to winMarch 27, 2009 · MT Athletic Communications
Middle Tennessee began the day by winning the doubles point. Senior Marlene Chemin and junior Anna Djananova defeated Liz Walker and Martyna Nowak 9-7. Junior Natalie Araya and freshman Taylor Coffey teamed up to defeat Amanda and Rebecca Bran 9-8 (4).
The Blue Raiders kept the pace in singles as it won three straight to clinch the match. Coffey started things off as she defeated Nowak 7-6 (5), 6-1.
Then Djananova put Middle Tennessee up by three with her 6-3, 6-1 win over Kayla Moyse. Chemin handed the Blue Raiders the win as she defeated Lauren Gibson 6-0, 6-4.
Montana took the first three singles matches to even the score but not in time to make a run for the win.
Middle Tennessee will be back in action on Saturday, March 28 at 1 p.m. when it faces conference opponent Denver.
1. Liz Walker (MONT) def. Marietta Bigus (MT) 6-3, 2-6, 6-3
2. Rebecca Bran (MONT) def. Andrea Herrera (MT) 7-6 (7-1), 7-5
3. Amanda Bran (MONT) def. Natalie Araya (MT) 7-6 (7-4), 7-5
4. Taylor Coffey (MT) def. Martyna Nowak (MONT) 7-6 (7-5), 6-1
5. Anna Djananova (MT) def. Kayla Moyse (MONT) 6-3, 6-1
6. Marlene Chemin (MT) def. Lauren Gibson (MONT) 6-0, 6-4
1. Anna Djananova/Marlene Chemin (MT) def. Liz Walker/Martyna Nowak (MONT) 9-7
2. Taylor Coffey/Natalie Araya (MT) def. Amanda Bran/Rebecca Bran (MONT) 9-8 (7-4)
3. Marietta Bigus/Alex Dachos (MT) def. Cara Lehman/Kayla Moyse (MONT) 8-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (4,5,6,1,3,2)
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Women's Tennis NewsApr 20, 2013: Blue Raiders' title quest ends in SBC Semifinals
Apr 19, 2013: Resilient effort leads Raiders to 4-3 win over Troy
Apr 18, 2013: Raiders outlast ASU to advance to SBC Quarterfinals
Apr 17, 2013: MT opens SBC Championships with Arkansas State
Apr 16, 2013: Raiders earn No. 6 seed for SBC Championship
Apr 14, 2013: Blue Raiders fall at No. 74 North Texas