Blue Raiders fall to Marshall 6-1
Araya posts lone winApril 4, 2009 · MT Athletic Communications
"Overall I thought we played well. We have been working on a few things in doubles and it is working. Natalie and Taylor played very well and we had chances in the other two doubles matches," head coach Alison Ojeda said.
Marshall maintained control of the match as the Blue Raiders would post only one win. Araya won her match in a super tiebreaker 6-4, 4-6, 10-8 over Keener.
"Natalie played really well today in her match. Taylor and Andrea both had a good chances today where it good have gone either way," Ojeda said. "This match will give us confidence going into our match with UAB next week."
Coffey lost her match to Karolina Soor in No. 4 singles but not before forcing a super tiebreaker 2-6, 6-4, 10-7.
The Blue Raiders will play host to two matches next weekend to round out the regular season before the Sun Belt Conference tournament.
1. Kellie Schmitt (MAR) def. Andrea Herrera (MT) 6-4, 6-0
2. Isabell Raich (MAR) def. Marietta Bigus (MT) 6-2, 6-1
3. Natalie Araya (MT) def. Jessica Keener (MAR) 6-4, 4-6, 10-8
4. Karolina Soor (MAR) def. Taylor Coffey (MT) 3-6, 6-4, 10-7
5. Catherine Kellner (MAR) def. Anna Djananova (MT) 6-1, 7-5
6. Deanna Bailey (MAR) def. Alex Dachos (MT) 6-2, 6-3
1. Kellie Schmitt/Karolina Soor (MAR) def. Anna Djananova/Marlene Chemin (MT) 8-3
2. Taylor Coffey/Natalie Araya (MT) def. Deanna Bailey/Jessica Keener (MAR) 8-5
3. Thaddea Lock/Catherine Kellner (MAR) def. Marietta Bigus/Alex Dachos (MT) 8-5
Middle Tennessee 8-11
Marshall 11-9; National ranking #64
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Women's Tennis NewsMar 10, 2014: Women's Tennis drops 4-3 heartbreaker to BU
Mar 9, 2014: MT visits South Florida for three matches
Mar 7, 2014: Women's Tennis shuts down Jackson State for sixth win
Mar 6, 2014: Raiders welcome Jackson State on Friday
Mar 1, 2014: Blue Raiders fall to Louisiana Tech, 5-2
Feb 28, 2014: Women's Tennis shuts down TSU, 7-0