Blue Raiders fall to Marshall 6-1
Araya posts lone winApril 4, 2009 · MT Athletic Communications
"Overall I thought we played well. We have been working on a few things in doubles and it is working. Natalie and Taylor played very well and we had chances in the other two doubles matches," head coach Alison Ojeda said.
Marshall maintained control of the match as the Blue Raiders would post only one win. Araya won her match in a super tiebreaker 6-4, 4-6, 10-8 over Keener.
"Natalie played really well today in her match. Taylor and Andrea both had a good chances today where it good have gone either way," Ojeda said. "This match will give us confidence going into our match with UAB next week."
Coffey lost her match to Karolina Soor in No. 4 singles but not before forcing a super tiebreaker 2-6, 6-4, 10-7.
The Blue Raiders will play host to two matches next weekend to round out the regular season before the Sun Belt Conference tournament.
1. Kellie Schmitt (MAR) def. Andrea Herrera (MT) 6-4, 6-0
2. Isabell Raich (MAR) def. Marietta Bigus (MT) 6-2, 6-1
3. Natalie Araya (MT) def. Jessica Keener (MAR) 6-4, 4-6, 10-8
4. Karolina Soor (MAR) def. Taylor Coffey (MT) 3-6, 6-4, 10-7
5. Catherine Kellner (MAR) def. Anna Djananova (MT) 6-1, 7-5
6. Deanna Bailey (MAR) def. Alex Dachos (MT) 6-2, 6-3
1. Kellie Schmitt/Karolina Soor (MAR) def. Anna Djananova/Marlene Chemin (MT) 8-3
2. Taylor Coffey/Natalie Araya (MT) def. Deanna Bailey/Jessica Keener (MAR) 8-5
3. Thaddea Lock/Catherine Kellner (MAR) def. Marietta Bigus/Alex Dachos (MT) 8-5
Middle Tennessee 8-11
Marshall 11-9; National ranking #64
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Women's Tennis NewsApr 20, 2013: Blue Raiders' title quest ends in SBC Semifinals
Apr 19, 2013: Resilient effort leads Raiders to 4-3 win over Troy
Apr 18, 2013: Raiders outlast ASU to advance to SBC Quarterfinals
Apr 17, 2013: MT opens SBC Championships with Arkansas State
Apr 16, 2013: Raiders earn No. 6 seed for SBC Championship
Apr 14, 2013: Blue Raiders fall at No. 74 North Texas