Blue Raiders fall to Memphis 4-3
Chemin wins final home matchApril 12, 2009 · MT Athletic Communications
The Blue Raiders began the match with doubles play with Memphis winning the point taking a 1-0 lead. Junior Anna Djananova and freshman Alex Dachos forced a tiebreaker in No. 3 doubles but it was not enough as they fell 9-8 (5) to Sarah Irvin and Kristin Chamberlain.
In singles action the Blue Raiders attempted a rally winning three of the six singles matches. Freshman Taylor Coffey won her match 7-5, 6-2 over Amanda Brown.
Djananova took the win over Chamberlain as she posted scores of 6-4, 6-3 while senior Marlene Chemin defeated Sarah Irvin 6-4, 6-2.
The Blue Raiders will be back in action on April 17-19 when they travel to Denton, Texas to play in the Sun Belt Championships.
1. Ashley Murdock (MEM) def. Andrea Herrera (MT) 6-1, 6-3
2. Marjorie Ondeck (MEM) def. Marietta Bigus (MT) 6-3, 6-3
3. Taylor Coffey (MT) def. Amanda Brown (MEM) 7-5, 6-2
4. Anna Djananova (MT) def. Kristin Chamberlain (MEM) 6-4, 6-3
5. Marlene Chemin (MT) def. Sarah Irvin (MEM) 6-4, 6-2
6. Lindsey Wiseman (MEM) def. Alex Dachos (MT) 6-2, 6-2
1. Ashley Murdock/Marjorie Ondeck (MEM) def. Andrea Herrera/Marietta Bigus (MT) 8-2
2. Amanda Brown/Lindsey Wiseman (MEM) def. Marlene Chemin/Taylor Coffey (MT) 8-6
3. Sarah Irvin/Kristin Chamberlain (MEM) def. Anna Djananova/Alex Dachos (MT) 9-8 (7-5)
Middle Tennessee 8-13
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles ()
Follow the Blue Raiders on Twitter @MTAthletics for continued updates.
More Women's Tennis NewsNov 2, 2013: Raiders pick up four wins in final day at Alabama
Nov 1, 2013: Constantinide claims pair of singles wins at Roberta Alison
Oct 31, 2013: Raiders close fall campaign at Roberta Alison Classic
Oct 28, 2013: Ground broken on new indoor tennis facility
Oct 21, 2013: Moraes finishes runner-up in backdraw at ITA Regionals
Oct 20, 2013: Moraes advances to backdraw semifinals at ITA Regional