Men's Tennis Falls at Tulane, 4-2April 2, 2005 · MT Media Relations
The Blue Raiders (13-5) dropped their second straight match in the last two days but return home to play two of its final three matches, starting next Wednesday with a 2 p.m. tilt against Vanderbilt at the Buck Bouldin Tennis Center. Prince will be sponsoring the match, with the first 35 patrons in attendance receiving a free item from the company.
Against the Green Wave, Middle Tennessee won the doubles point for the 13th time this season.
Nineteenth-ranked Andreas Siljestrom and Marco Born defeated 38th-ranked Dmitriy Koch and Alberto Sottocorno, 8-6, at No. 1, and 35th-ranked Brandon Allan and Kai Schledorn won 8-4 at No. 2 over Ted Angelinos and Jacobo Hernandez. Tulane won the other doubles point, with David Goulet and Jonah Kane-West winning 8-5 over Greg Pollack and Anant Sitaram.
In singles the Green Wave won four of five completed matches, all in straight sets.
Koch and Siljestrom were on serve at 2-1 in the third set when the match was stopped. Angelinos defeated Schledorn, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 2, while Sottocorno won 6-3, 6-3, over Pollack at No. 5. Kane-West picked up a 6-4, 6-4, decision over Allan at No. 6, and Hernandez clinched the Tulane victory with a 7-6, 7-5, win at No. 4 over Sitaram.
The only Blue Raider victory came at No. 3, with Born winning 3-6, 6-4, 6-3, over Goulet.
#21 Tulane 4, #25 Middle Tennessee 2
1. Dmitriy Koch (TU) vs. Andreas Siljestrom (MT), DNF
2. Ted Angelinos (TU) def. Kai Schledorn (MT), 6-0, 6-1
3. Marco Born (MT) def. David Goulet (TU), 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
4. Jacobo Hernandez (TU) def. Anant Sitaram (MT), 7-6, 7-5
5. Alberto Sottocorno (TU) def. Greg Pollack (MT), 6-3, 6-3
6. Jonah Kane-West (TU) def. Brandon Allan (MT), 6-4, 6-4
1. (19) Siljestrom-Born (MT) def. (38) Koch-Sottocorno (TU), 8-6
2. (35) Schledorn-Allan (MT) def. Angelinos-Hernandez (TU), 8-4
3. Goulet-Kane-West (TU) def. Pollack-Sitaram (MT), 8-5
Follow the Blue Raiders on Twitter @MTAthletics for continued updates.
More Men's Tennis NewsMar 2, 2014: MT Men's Tennis downed by No. 20 Columbia
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis falls to Cornell, 4-3
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis travels to New York for two matches
Feb 16, 2014: MT Men's Tennis splits Sunday matches
Feb 15, 2014: MT defeated by VCU, 5-2
Feb 14, 2014: Construction continues on site of indoor tennis center