Blue Raiders Fall to Vandy, 4-3April 6, 2005 · MT Media Relations
The Commodores (10-7) overcame a 2-0 deficit to take a 3-2 lead, but the Blue Raiders (13-6) fought back with a victory at No. 5 to tie the dual. Dufaux and Greg Pollack was the deciding match at No. 6, with Pollack taking a one-set lead before Dufaux won 12 of the final 17 games of the match to post the victory for Vandy.
For the third match in a row the Blue Raiders won the doubles point but struggled in singles.
Pollack and Anant Sitaram won 8-5 at No. 3 over Dufaux and Ryan Preston before Brandon Allan and Kai Schledorn defeated 26th-ranked Scott Brown and Jason Pinsky, 8-5, at No. 1 for the first point of the match.
Marco Born put Middle Tennessee up 2-0 with a 6-2, 6-3, triumph over Matthew Lockin at No. 2, but the Commodores came roaring back.
Brown, ranked 45th in singles, won a tough first set and finished off 97th-ranked Andreas Siljestrom, 6-4, 6-2, at No. 1. Pinsky then defeated Schledorn, 6-3, 6-4, at No. 3, and Preston fought off a valiant effort from Sitaram at No. 4, 6-3, 2-6, 6-2.
Allan evened the match at three with a 7-5, 6-3, win at No. 5 over Sachs, leaving Pollack and Dufaux with the dual match in their hands.
The Blue Raiders host Arkansas-Little Rock Saturday at 10:30 a.m. at the Buck Bouldin Tennis Center in the final home match of the year.
#54 Vanderbilt 4, #23 Middle Tennessee 3
1. (45) Scott Brown (VU) def. (97) Andreas Siljestrom (MT), 6-4, 6-2
2. Marco Born (MT) def. Matthew Lockin (VU), 6-2, 6-3
3. Jason Pinsky (VU) def. Kai Schledorn (MT), 6-3, 6-4
4. Ryan Preston (VU) def. Anant Sitaram (MT), 6-3, 2-6, 6-2
5. Brandon Allan (MT) def. Nathan Sachs (VU), 7-5, 6-3
6. Evan Dufaux (VU) def. Greg Pollack (MT), 2-6, 6-2, 6-3
Order of Finish: 2,1,3,4,5,6
1. Allan-Schledorn (MT) def. (26) Brown-Pinsky (VU), 8-5
2. (18) Siljestrom-Born vs. Andy Mack-Sachs (VU), DNF
3. Pollack-Sitaram (MT) def. Dufaux-Preston (VU), 8-6
Order of Finish: 3,1
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Tennis NewsApr 18, 2014: Raiders fall 4-1 to Rice in C-USA quarterfinals
Apr 17, 2014: Raiders clash with Rice to open C-USA Championship
Apr 14, 2014: MT earns first-round bye in C-USA Championship
Apr 13, 2014: MT downs No. 60 UCF, 4-3
Apr 11, 2014: MT defeated by No. 25 USF, 6-1
Apr 10, 2014: Raiders host USF, UCF to close out regular season