Blue Raiders Defeat WKU, 4-0April 22, 2005 · MT Media Relations
The Blue Raiders (16-6) advance to the semifinals where they will meet the winner of the Arkansas-Little Rock-Denver match, taking place Friday afternoon, Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at the Mobile Tennis Center.
Middle Tennessee won both completed doubles matches and all three completed singles tilts for the team's fifth straight first-round victory in the SBC Championships.
Andreas Siljestrom and Marco Born, ranked 51st nationally, defeated Stan Rabinovics and Mikus Paipers, 8-3, at No. 1, and Greg Pollack and Anant Sitaram won 8-0 at No. 3 over Franco Serra and David Bowman.
In singles Siljestrom, ranked 89th, won 6-0, 6-0, at No. 1 over Rabinovics, while Sitaram defeated Chad True by the same score at No. 5. Pollack picked up a 6-1, 6-1, victory at No. 6 over Bowman.
"I'm very proud of the way we came out and played and I thought we played well as a whole," head coach Dale Short said. "We were in control of all of the matches and it's a good start to the tournament."
#29 Middle Tennessee 4, Western Kentucky 0
1. (89) Andreas Siljestrom (MT) def. Stan Rabinovics (WKU), 6-0, 6-0
2. Marco Born (MT) vs. Mikus Paipers (WKU), DNF
3. Kai Schledorn (MT) vs. Franco Serra (WKU), DNF
4. Brandon Allan (MT) vs. Kyle True (WKU), DNF
5. Anant Sitaram (MT) def. Chad True (WKU), 6-0, 6-0
6. Greg Pollack (MT) def. David Bowman (WKU), 6-1, 6-1
1. (51) Siljestrom-Born (MT) def. Rabinovics-Paipers (WKU), 8-3
2. (22) Allan-Schledorn (MT) vs. Serra-K. True (WKU), DNF
3. Sitaram-Pollack (MT) def. C. True-Bowman (WKU), 8-0
Follow the Blue Raiders on Twitter @MTAthletics for continued updates.
More Men's Tennis NewsApr 20, 2013: Blue Raiders drop heartbreaker in SBC Championships
Apr 19, 2013: No. 1 seed Blue Raiders clinch berth in championship
Apr 18, 2013: No. 1 seed Blue Raiders face No. 4 seed Louisiana in SBC semifinal bout
Apr 17, 2013: Five Blue Raiders earn All-Sun Belt awards
Apr 16, 2013: Men's Tennis looks for three-peat at Sun Belt Championships
Apr 15, 2013: Zito named Athlete of the Week