Blue Raiders fall to North Florida
Peers, Waters post singles winsApril 10, 2010 · MT Athletic Communications
Middle Tennessee began the match by winning the doubles point. Junior John Peers and sophomore Matthew Langley defeated Daniel Sotomarino and Moritz Buerchner 8-3. Sophomore Richard Cowden and freshman Shaun Waters defeated Hleb Maslau and Taylor Albrecht 8-5.
Peers defeated Sotomarino 6-3, 6-3 in No. 1 singles. Waters picked up the only other win for the Blue Raiders with his three-set win over Albrecht. Waters won the first set 6-4 but lost the second 7-6 (8). In the third set, Waters won easily 6-3.
Middle Tennessee will be back in action on Saturday, April 17 when it travels to Louisville, Ky., to face Louisville.
North Florida 4, Middle Tennessee 3
1. #28 John Peers (MT) def. Daniel Sotomarino (UNF) 6-3, 6-3
2. Moritz Buerchner (UNF) def. Richard Cowden (MT) 7-6 (7-3), 99-0
3. Hleb Maslau (UNF) def. Matthew Langley (MT) 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 6-4
4. Shaun Waters (MT) def. Taylor Albrecht (UNF) 6-4, 6-7 (6-8), 6-3
5. Leonardo Nahar (UNF) def. Alex McCann (MT) 6-3, 6-0
6. Grahman Edgar (UNF) def. Kyle Wishing (MT) 6-0, 6-4
1. John Peers/Matthew Langley (MT) def. Daniel Sotomarino/Moritz Buerchner (UNF) 8-3
2. Richard Cowden/Shaun Waters (MT) def. Hleb Maslau/Taylor Albrecht (UNF) 8-5
3. Leonardo Nahar/Grahman Edgar (UNF) def. Alex McCann/Kyle Wishing (MT) 8-4
North Florida 17-7
Middle Tennessee 6-18
Follow the Blue Raiders on Twitter @MTAthletics for continued updates.
More Men's Tennis NewsDec 3, 2013: Blue Raiders add Hoang for spring 2014 season
Nov 3, 2013: Blue Raiders wrap up play at Louisville Invitational
Nov 2, 2013: Raiders continue play at Louisville Invitational
Nov 1, 2013: Blue Raiders take part in first day of Louisville Invitational
Oct 28, 2013: Ground broken on new indoor tennis facility
Oct 25, 2013: Tennis teams to host free clinic Saturday for Murfreesboro kids