Men's Golf Finishes Fourth; Wade Ties for 7thOctober 16, 2001 · MT Media Relations
"We didn't play great in the final round, but considering the weather I thought we did okay," head coach Johnny Moore said. "J.R. (Wade) had one of the best tournaments of his career and it is good to see him swinging the club with confidence again. We had our best scores of the year this week and I think this team is really starting to head in the right direction."
Wade, a senior, tied for 7th overall with a 3-under score of 210. Wade sandwiched a 68 and 69 around a 73 to record his best finish of the year. Teammate Patrick Williams, who recorded a 67 in the second round, tied for 16th with a 2-over par 215 to match his top score of the year.
Charlie Gibson continued his solid play by placing in a tie for 20th. Gibson had a three round total of 217, including back-to-back 71s. Freshman Carter Henderson, playing in his first collegiate tournament, tied for 47th with a 224. Willie Daniel tied for 79th with a 236.
The Blue Raiders will play next week at the Rio Pinar Intercollegiate in Orlando, FL.
1. Jacksonville State (275-281-290=846)
2. Eastern Kentucky (279-284-289=852)
3. Elon (282-292-287=861)
4. Middle Tennessee (293-282-290=865)
5. Old Dominion (288-295-288=871) 6. UT-Chattanooga (287-288-299=874)
7. Appalachian State (300-281-293=874)
8. Davidson College (289-292-297=878)
9. Belmont (300-287-293=880)
10. Tennessee Tech (291-296-295=882)
11. Radford (299-292-294=885)
12. Morehead State (298-290-298=886)
13. Winthrop (301-290-297=888)
14. Wright State (299-297-293=889)
15. Western Carolina (302-294-295=891)
16. Lipscomb (305-298-309=912)
17. Birmingham Southern (304-305-307=916)
18. Samford (304-315-302=921)
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Golf NewsMar 10, 2014: Raiders tied for second, one shot back
Mar 9, 2014: Raiders ready for General Hackler Championship
Feb 28, 2014: Millard just misses cut at Honda Classic
Feb 25, 2014: Millard makes Honda Classic field
Feb 18, 2014: Raiders finish fifth at tough Mobile Bay Intercollegiate
Feb 17, 2014: Raiders fourth in strong field after 36 holes