Blue Raiders fall 4-3 in tight match with Memphis
Barnwell, Davis, Pippos all notch winsApril 10, 2011 · MT Athletic Communications
The match came down to junior Matthew Langley who won his second set against Johnny Grimal to force the third and setup a dramatic finish. Langley struggled in the third set however falling 6-2 as Grimal took the win for his team.
Middle Tennessee began play with doubles falling 0-3 as Memphis took an early lead.
Freshmen Ben Davis and Elliot Barwell each won their singles matches. Davis defeated Joe Salisbury while Barnwell won his match 6-3, 6-4 over Cedric DeZutter.
Also posting a win for the Blue Raiders was r-freshman Dimitri Pippos. Pippos won his match 6-3, 6-2 over David Henry.
Middle Tennessee will be back in action on Sunday, April 17 when it faces UAB in Birmingham, Ala., at 1:30 p.m.
1. David O'Hare (MEM) def. Shaun Waters (MT) 6-2, 7-5
2. Ben Davis (MT) def. Joe Salisbury (MEM) 6-4, 6-2
3. Johnny Grimal (MEM) def. Matthew Langley (MT) 7-6, 2-6, 6-2
4. Dimitri Pippos (MT) def. David Henry (MEM) 6-3, 6-2
5. Elliot Barnwell (MT) def. Cedric De Zutter (MEM) 6-3, 6-4
6. John Taylor (MEM) def. Kyle Wishing (MT) 6-2, 6-0
1. Daniel Shidler/David Henry (MEM) def. Shaun Waters/Ben Davis (MT) 8-7
2. Joe Salisbury/David O'Hare (MEM) def. Elliot Barnwell/Kyle Wishing (MT) 8-4
3. John Taylor/Leon Nasemann (MEM) def. Dimitri Pippos/Matthew Langley (MT) 8-5
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Tennis NewsJul 11, 2014: MT Men's Tennis recognized by ITA for academics
Jul 8, 2014: Raiders add three to Men's Tennis squad
Jun 12, 2014: Men's Tennis' recruiting class ranked 24th among mid-majors
Jun 6, 2014: MT's Zito tabbed 95th in final ITA rankings
Jun 2, 2014: Borendame partners with Buddy Up Tennis
May 5, 2014: Borendame & SAAC host dodgeball tournament