Davis earns victory as MT falls to No. 64 Northwestern
Blue Raiders continue homestand Saturday at 3 p.m.February 10, 2012 · Athletic Communications
Middle Tennessee (2-3) battled against Northwestern (6-1), especially in the second set of three matches. Davis led the way with a dominant 6-2, 6-1 showing.
Matthew Langley fell in the first set, but it took a 10-8 tiebreaker to give Josh Graves the victory 6-4, 7-6 victory. After getting shut out in the initial set, Forrest Edwards battled Alex Pasareanu to a 7-6 (3) victory in the second set to force a tiebreak. The two kept it close throughout the tiebreaker before Pasareanu finally pulled out the 11-9 decision. Yannick Born also took the second set of his match to a tiebreaker, but fell, 6-4, 7-6 (3).
The Blue Raiders waste no time getting back on the court, as they welcome Brown on Saturday at 3 p.m. Live stats are available here.
1. Ben Davis (MT) def. Sidarth Balaji (NU) 6-2, 6-1
2. Josh Graves (NU) def. Matthew Langley (MT) 6-4, 7-6 (10-8)
3. #97 Spencer Wolf (NU) def. Ettore Zito (MT) 6-1, 6-2
4. Raleigh Smith (NU) def. Christoph Lang (MT) 6-1, 6-1
5. Alex Pasareanu (NU) def. Forrest Edwards (MT) 0-6, 7-6 (7-3), 1-0 (11-9)
6. Nikhil Jayashankar (NU) def. Yannick Born (MT) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
1. Spencer Wolf/Josh Graves (NU) def. Ben Davis/Christoph Lang (MT) 8-6
2. Raleigh Smith/Alex Pasareanu (NU) def. Marlon Brand/Yannick Born (MT) 8-4
3. Sidarth Balaji/Chris Jackman (NU) def. Ettore Zito/Dimitri Pippos (MT) 8-1
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Tennis NewsDec 3, 2013: Blue Raiders add Hoang for spring 2014 season
Nov 3, 2013: Blue Raiders wrap up play at Louisville Invitational
Nov 2, 2013: Raiders continue play at Louisville Invitational
Nov 1, 2013: Blue Raiders take part in first day of Louisville Invitational
Oct 28, 2013: Ground broken on new indoor tennis facility
Oct 25, 2013: Tennis teams to host free clinic Saturday for Murfreesboro kids