Blue Raiders down Brown, 4-3
Davis, Lang and Zito earn singles victoriesFebruary 11, 2012 · Athletic Communications
“This was a great team win,” head coach Jimmy Borendame said. “Everybody contributed in either doubles or singles and did a great job. I’m really proud of Ettore Zito coming through in the clutch. After dropping a tough one against Brown last year, I was impressed at our improvement and the way we handled facing them this year.”
Christoph Lang won the first singles match in straight sets, 6-3, 6-1, and Ben Davis also picked up a 6-2, 7-5 win in the No. 1 slot. In the four-hole, Zito had a chance to seal the victory for MT. He took the first set, 6-4, before the second set went into a tie-breaker. Zito pulled away in the tie-breaker, earning a 7-3 win to claim the set, the match and a Blue Raider victory.
MT wraps up the homestand next weekend against ETSU. The two teams will square off at 2 p.m. at Nashboro Village.
Middle Tennessee 4, Brown 3
2. Soufiane Azarqui (BROWN) def. Matthew Langley (MT) 6-1, 6-1
3. Christoph Lang (MT) def. Mike Hill (BROWN) 6-3, 6-1
4. Ettore Zito (MT) def. Daniel Hirschberg (BROWN) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
5. William Spector (BROWN) def. Forrest Edwards (MT) 6-3, 6-2
6. Same Fife (BROWN) def. Yannick Born (MT) 6-2, 4-6, 1-0 (10-3)
2. Yannick Born/Marlon Brand (MT) def. Michael Riechmann/Tom Deighton (BROWN) 8-4
3. Ettore Zito/Matthew Langley (MT) def. Same Fife/Mike Hill (BROWN) 8-5
Middle Tennessee 3-3
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (3,2,1,4,5,6)
Friend of the Blue Raiders? Like us on Facebook and become part of the True Blue army today.
More Men's Tennis NewsApr 17, 2014: Raiders clash with Rice to open C-USA Championship
Apr 14, 2014: MT earns first-round bye in C-USA Championship
Apr 13, 2014: MT downs No. 60 UCF, 4-3
Apr 11, 2014: MT defeated by No. 25 USF, 6-1
Apr 10, 2014: Raiders host USF, UCF to close out regular season
Apr 9, 2014: Middle Tennessee summer camp dates announced