Blue Raiders fall to No. 30 Memphis
Davis picks up victory in top spotMarch 24, 2012 · Athletic Communications
Davis picked up his eighth singles dual victory after battling through a first-set tiebreaker for the 7-6 (6-5), 6-3 win. Davis teamed with Christoph Lang for doubles action in the two-slot, also taking that to a tiebreaker before capturing an 8-7 (7-5) win.
Forrest Edwards was the only Blue Raider to take his match to three sets. Edwards suffered a 6-4 defeat in the first set, but bounced back with a 6-4 win in the second to force a third. Edwards dropped the final set, 6-3.
MT looks to bounce back next weekend as the Blue Raiders host the Sun Belt Shootout at the Buck Bouldin Tennis Center. Play opens next Saturday and all matches are free to attend.
#30 Memphis 6, Middle Tennessee 1
1. Ben Davis (MT) def. David O’Hare (MEM) 7-6 (7-5), 6-3
2. Johnny Grimal (MEM) def. Christoph Lang (MT) 6-3, 6-1
3. Joe Salisbury (MEM) def. Matthew Langley (MT) 6-4, 7-5
4. Connor Glennon (MEM) def. Ettore Zito (MT) 6-0, 6-4
5. David O’Leary (MEM) def. Dimitri Pippos (MT) 6-0, 6-3
6. Leon Nasemann (MEM) def. Forrest Edwards (MT) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
1. David O’Hare/Joe Salisbury (MEM) def. Yannick Born/Marlon Brand (MT) 8-4
2. Christoph Lang/Ben Davis (MT) def. David Henry/Connor Glennon (MEM) 8-7 (7-5)
3. Johnny Grimal/Leon Nasemann (MEM) def. Ettore Zito/Matthew Langley (MT) 8-4
Middle Tennessee 8-6
Memphis 13-3; National Ranking 30
Order of Finish: Singles (2,4,5,3,1,6) Doubles (1,3,2)
Follow the Blue Raiders on Twitter @MTAthletics for continued updates.
More Men's Tennis NewsMar 9, 2014: Raiders drop Murray State, fall to Memphis
Mar 9, 2014: Raiders host Memphis & Murray State
Mar 7, 2014: MT Men's Tennis downs Jackson State, 7-0
Mar 2, 2014: MT Men's Tennis downed by No. 20 Columbia
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis falls to Cornell, 4-3
Feb 28, 2014: Men's Tennis travels to New York for two matches