Blue Raiders continue to gain national attention
MT's 22 wins are second in college basketballFebruary 11, 2013 · @MTAthletics
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - With an 11-game winning streak and 22-4 record, the Blue Raider men's basketball team continues to gain attention on the national scene. The Blue Raiders are currently receiving 11 votes in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll and are ranked No. 3 among mid-majors by the Bleacher Report.
Check out more notable streaks and rankings Middle Tennessee has achieved this season.
• NCAA RPI: 29
• NCAA non-conference strength of schedule: 13
• NCAA non-conference RPI: 7
• Middle Tennessee is currently 22-4 and 14-1 in the Sun Belt, having won 11 straight games and 15 of the last 16.
• The Blue Raiders have the second-most wins in college basketball with 22, trailing only Gonzaga's 23.
• MT is tied for fourth in the country with 49 combined wins over the last two seasons. Only Kentucky (55), Syracuse (54) and Kansas (51) have more.
• Middle Tennessee is tied for the fifth-longest winning streak in the country with 11 straight victories.
• Middle Tennessee is one of five teams in the country 14-0 or better at home (Syracuse 15-0, Missouri 14-0, Michigan 14-0, Michigan State 14-0).
• At 8-3 on the road, Middle Tennessee is one of four teams in the country with at least 20 wins and eight road wins (Bucknell, Louisiana Tech, Stephen F. Austin).
• Middle Tennessee's four losses have come against #7 Florida (19-3), RV Akron (19-4) in overtime, RV Belmont (20-5) and Arkansas State (15-9) in overtime. That's a combined winning percentage of .777 (73-21).
Follow the Blue Raiders on Twitter @MTAthletics for continued updates.
More Men's Basketball NewsApr 17, 2013: Davis adds three more to signing class
Mar 29, 2013: Davis named NABC District 24 Coach of the Year
Mar 28, 2013: Knight named to NABC All-District First Team
Mar 19, 2013: Blue Raiders fall to Saint Mary's in NCAAs, 67-54
Mar 19, 2013: Day One at the NCAA First Four
Mar 18, 2013: Blue Raiders and Gaels meet in First Four of NCAA Championship